When you can't help but spread the meme

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 15:37:59 MST

When it comes to the Singularity meme, I'm pretty conservative
propagator. If someone asks, I'll tell, and if someone comes to my
Website, they can read. But, I don't go out and try on purpose to get
people excited about it for various reasons (which will not be discussed
on an open list).

Sometimes, though, I'm put in situations where I can't help but mention
the Singularity. Consequently, I get a "What's that?" question that I
need to answer. Does anyone have good suggestions on how to do this?

My thought is to just kind of throw it off, like "Oh, it's just a theory
about extrapolating artificial intelligence and nanotech.". Any better
ideas?

And yes, I know that some of your are determined to spread the meme. I
do not want to rehash that discussion, but focus specifically on how to
address the issue I have mentioned.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose