Re: Sysop Scenario FAQ

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 12:54:40 MST

On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 02:37 AM, Mitch Howe wrote:

> Anyway, I'm asking SL4 to look it over to make sure that it is true to
> the spirit of the Sysop Scenario (Eliezer) and not missing any
> common/interesting questions (everyone else).  All suggestions are
> welcome.

Looks pretty good. I really like how it keeps pounding in certain
ideas. By the end of this I think that the reader will have read some
things enough to start taking them as fact. This is just the kind of
writing needed for an FAQ like this. A couple of corrections, though.

All your links to the Singularity Resource Center are wrong. The
address is http://homepage.mac.com/sing_rc/, not
http://homepage.mac.com/singrc/.

"Even in this situation it is very difficult to see why anyone did not
reproduce would ever be required to die."

It should read "... why anyone who did not ...".

Other than that, it looks really good to me.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose