Re: Sysop Scenario FAQ

From: Alan Grimes (alangrimes@starpower.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:16:09 MST

I had two more thoughts about this.....

I tend to think of artificial beings in more of an artistic sense, that
of creating a being to surpass me. Strong attractors, such as
"friendliness" are incompatable with this vision as they are
pathalogical... Just like "faith", strong attractors are _ALWAYS_
dangerous....

The game Civilization Call To Power, presents a possible form of
government not at all unlike your sysop scenereo, where the mechanism of
controll is an implanted brain-control device. Can you argue that your
AI would not choose this method to control people and provide them with
the AI's version of happiness?

--
DOS LIVES! MWAHAHAHAHA
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/  <my website.