Re: When you can't help but spread the meme

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 20:01:07 MST

At 05:37 PM 1/31/02 -0500, Gordon Worley wrote:

>When it comes to the Singularity meme, I'm pretty conservative
>propagator. If someone asks, I'll tell, and if someone comes to my
>Website, they can read. But, I don't go out and try on purpose to get
>people excited about it for various reasons

I make my living out of it. Next month, I'll be paid decently to give a
keynote address on the prospects of extended longevity and the Singularity
and all to the annual conference of Aussie Rotarians, not a body known for
their SL4ness. I send people who ask to my books, of course, but if they
have access to the Web I usually suggest a quick look at the essay `Tearing
Toward the Spike' which is now at:

http://www.panterraweb.com/tearing1.htm

Feel free to pass the word...

Damien
 Dr Damien Broderick / Senior Fellow, Department of English with Cultural
Studies
           University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, AUSTRALIA
            @: <d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au>
             http://www.panterraweb.com/the_spike.htm
             http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/DamienBroderickeBooks.htm
             Australian Business Number (ABN): 98 674 378 153