Sysop hacking

From: Mitch Howe (mitch_howe@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:43:34 MST

I'm in the process of beefing up the Sysop Scenario FAQ, but I'm stuck on the question "Could someone hack into a Sysop?"

The only answer I have is "No, because if its design were so vulnerable a Friendly SI would never impliment it." I believe that this is a valid answer, but such ontological responses are not very satisfying to the reader or the writer.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any ideas about how a Sysop might be supremely well protected from hacking. My background isn't technical enough to give any real-life examples besides "physical separation" Could something as upiquitous as a Sysop realistically do this?

--Mitch Howe