Re: Sysop hacking

From: Alden Jurling (nakomus@cnsp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:23:19 MST

This sounds kind of like the zones of thought in A Fire Upon the Deep.
If the sysop were to determine that a mind beyond X complexity would potentially be capable of hacking/destroying/subverting the sysop (and hence endangering everyone living in sysop-space), would it make sense for the sysop to put a cap on complexity to prevent anyone from reaching that level?
-Alden Jurling