Re: Sysop hacking

From: Alan Grimes (alangrimes@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:53:20 MST

Psy-Kosh wrote:
> > You see, good and bad are entirely subjective. Once we have defined
> > these as axioms, we can derive courses of actions from there...

> Restating your assertion does not constitute an argument. :) You say
> good and bad are entirely subjective. I say "perhaps, but I am by no
> means convinced that is the case. Perhaps you could demonstrate that it
> is?"

> > I have already said that what is defined as friendliness is
>> pathalogical at best, suffocating at worst...

> But, if, as you say, ""true good and bad" are entirely subjective,
> then, wouldn't that "pathologicalness" itself be a subjective assesment
> on your part?

In this case, I define pathalogical as leading to pre-mature demise.
locked in high-level directives lead to rigidity which leads to
unadaptability which leads to increased risk of being demolished....

Ofcourse that is based on un-inteligent biological species, but there is
no reason to think the principle won't hold for artificial entities as
well...

--
DOS LIVES! MWAHAHAHAHA
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/  <my website.