Re: Meta: Re: SL4's first chat

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 22:42:57 MST

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 12:10 AM, Alan Grimes wrote:

> This is probably the first list/group I have been on where one can be
> both on-topic and a waste of time. A totally uninitiated person came in
> and was given a lot of assistance. Then I come on with questions based
> on a fairly broad understanding of things and I get hammered as being as
> clueless as Eliezer is egotistical...

Well, for one I asked everyone to be nice to Sarah. Secondly, she
didn't get to asking anything that we have spent ample time explaining.
You are not the first person to ask these questions, but when we
personally have spent a lot of time answering them already, it's pretty
annoying when you don't just go RTFM. Most of us don't answer super
basic questions all that often or with that much effort, so it's not all
that annoying. Oh, yeah, and I wanted everyone to be nice. :-)

That or maybe the presence of the fluffy bunnies kept everyone in line.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose