RE: New Revisions, New Home

From: Max (mcomess@ucla.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 17:08:17 MST

<snip>
 I would say that 90% of security issues are **user
issues*, whereby the user has got no clue about an OS, computing practices,
very little (computing) common sense, general lack of knowledge about
computing in general. What do you expect ? My dad's a Psychologist and he
kicks ass in his discipline but he's utterly clueless when it comes to
programmming the video or anything realted to technology or computers...(or
was, not anymore) !!! Certain persons just **block** in front of the
computer, they go in *auto* mode where they stop thinking and just pray for
miracles. People need to learn an discover the tools they work with. Thanx
to Microsoft, people are not ready to do that with computers !!!
<snip>

I know what you mean. I have given up trying to teach my mom to use a
computer. All she does is yell at me that she doesnt understand.