Re: JOIN: Announcing The Singularity

From: Dan Clemmensen (dgc@cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 17:12:12 MST

Arthur T. Murray wrote:

> Now that Technological Singularity has arrived in the form of
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html -- Robot Seed AI --
> you all deserve this big Thank_You for your successful work.

Sorry, Arthur, but I'd guess that there is an implicit rule
about announcement of an AI-driven singularity: the announcement
must come from the AI, not the programmer. Now if you claim to
be a composite human/AI based SI, the rules are different:
I personally would expect the announcement in some unmistakable form
such as e.g. a message in letters of fire written on the face
of the moon.