RE: Webmind Solutions - Was: G. Chaitin on AI

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 12:45:44 MST

> The bottom line seems to be: No one is going to supply an
> off-the-shelf testing/monitoring package suitable for distributed
> Real AI purposes. We will have to build one ourselves.
> it seems likely that each would-be Real AI project, as it
> goes distributed, will have to tackle this problem on its own!

And yes, *eventually* the software industry will supply us with
such tools.

But it seems likely that these tools will be substantially based
on the more specialized tools in this direction, that some of
us build in our work on Real AI (and other complex massively
distributed scientific applications like simulations, perhaps)

-- Ben G