RE: Transcendental Fiction List

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 18:40:49 MST

Let me have the honor of mentioning Damien's fiction, particularly his
newest novel, Transcension.

I haven't read it yet (it's on my birthday wish list, as my wife knows, so I
expect a book package from Amazon.com to arrive before March 17!). But the
book review I read just yesterday was positively glowing
(http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue254/books.html).

Then, too, I shouldn't end this message without pointing out Damien's
non-fiction book about the Singularity, The Spike: How Our Lives Are Being
Transformed by Rapidly Advancing Technologies, which I have read and can
recommend strongly.

So far as I know, Damien is the only person to date who has dealt with the
Singularity in both fiction and non-fiction. All that's left is for Damien
to make a hatrick is to be uploaded by a Friendly AI and then write his
autobiography.

Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com
mlatorra@nmsu.edu