Re: Wednesday's chatlog

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 21:03:44 MST

At 03:25 PM 3/9/02 -0500, Eliezer mentioned:

>http://sysopmind.com/sl4chat/sl4.log.txt

Nice discussion with superBen G.

I hate to whine, but the endless discussion at the end about how we so
badly need a user-friendly intro to the singularity that we can show our
friends, oh where oh where, oh why won't someone who knows how to write
just write one and publish it, oh the transhumanity...

The book exists. As of last month, it's been out there in trade paperback
from Forge/Tor. It's called THE SPIKE. Buy it and give it to your favorite
auntie. Well, maybe not. Your favorite teacher or geek pal. (I'm not saying
this for the royalties, pleasant as those are. I spent a lot of effort on
that book, and I believe it's a good, lively general introduction to a
range of relevant issues.)

http://www.panterraweb.com/the_spike.htm

Damien Broderick