Re: Four Years Later.

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 03:41:43 MDT

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, BJKlein.com wrote:
>
> > BTW, Michael Anissimov and I have started an "Advanced Singularity
> > Group" on the forums at http://www.bjklein.com. If you need space to
> > post your work and ideas for peer review, please feel free to join us.
>
> I don't get it. The transhumanist community is notoriously balkanized. Now
> the Singularitarians are getting factions, too?

What is this? Some kind of clever plot to kill me from overwork?
Personally, I want as many people writing Singularity webpages as possible,
in the hopes that at least two or three of them will stick to it for the
upwards-of-two-years that it takes to produce a polished Singularity writer,
after which I can drop the workload on them and focus on AI. As for
balkanization, what happened to Spontaneous Order? The real strength of a
movement is measured by the number of people who get out and push even if
nobody is prompting them.