Transparency

From: Michael Roy Ames (michaelroyames@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 07:43:40 MDT

Will,

David Brin wrote a whole book about Transparency (not just the Wired
article) titled:

"The Transparent Society: Will Technology Force Us to Choose Between Privacy
and Freedom?"

I bought it. It is excellent. In the last year, whenever I heard a friend
or acquaintance bemoan the lack of privacy in today's society, I give them a
copy of the book (if I think there is any chance of them reading it ;). My
action, through Brin, has changed the mind of at least two people I know.

Here's hoping that the Transparency meme becomes more popular, because, when
all is said an done: I'd rather be transparently alive, than privately dead.

Michael Roy Ames