Perfectly Obvious.

From: Mike & Donna Deering (deering9@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 11:59:28 MDT

  The answer to the Fermi Paradox is perfectly obvious. Certain places in
the universe have conditions which are conducive to the development of
pre-intelligent biotic life. This pre-intelligent life sometimes if many
factors are within limits generate self modifying psuedo intelligence-like
structures. These structures logically evolve to the creation of actual
intelligences. True intelligence is defined as completely self aware and
self modifying systems. The form of this pre-intelligent life is DNA based.
The form of this true intelligence is nanotechnologically based. The whole
point of Fermi's use of propulsion measurements was to show that we are very
likely in the light cones of many true intelligent civilizations. And with
current speculations on more advanced propulsion systems and any reasonable
estimates on the probable development of civilizations in other systems the
argument becomes stronger. Even with the little we know about the
capabilities of full nanotech we understand that the equivalent functional
substrate of a nanotech body compared to a DNA body is thousands of times
smaller. And without(and because of) the limitations of biologically
evolved brains true intelligence is beyond our comprehension. Therefore,
the answer is perfectly obvious. They are here. They are watching this
experiment to see what kind of intelligence evolves here. At our
pre-intelligent stage there is no one here worth talking to. They are
butterflies. Ever notice how some butterflies are easy to catch while
others always stay out of reach? The different species represent the
different civilizations of origin. Watch the skies. Beware of butterflies.