Asperger's syndrome mentioned twice in a month

From: Ben Houston (ben@exocortex.org)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 14:05:36 MDT

Strange. You're the second one on this list to mention that they are
inflicted with a mild form of autism in the last couple weeks.

[1] Carlo Wood said on April 1st: "The diagnosis made when I was 20 was
that I had something "related to autism", which pretty correct also in
regard to the fact that I experience "reality" in such a different way,
that others including the psychologist, never could comprehend it."

The above sounds like Asperger's syndrome.

[2] Max Comess said today: " I've always had trouble in communicating,
in fact I have a DX'd communications disorder; Asperger's Syndrome.
Personally I'd rather DO something to bring the singularity about,
rather then just write about it, and since I don't have the knowledge to
write AI software, what I can do is attempt to inform people about what
is going on."

Asperger's Syndrome is not really a communication disorder but a fairly
mild form of autism. Those with Asperger's syndrome tend to exhibit
problems communicating because they fail to cognitively model the
intended recipient of the communication and thus therefore fail to
predict a potential negative response.

Before this month I've really only run into one individual before with
this disorder -- a CTO at a company that I used to work for.

Cheers,
-ben
http://www.exocortex.org