recent Foresight event

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 21:11:02 MDT

At the recent Foresight Senior Associates gathering (April 26-28, 2002,
Hotel Crowne Plaza Cabana, Palo Alto) , the Singularity was featured in
several presentations (although not mentioned in the website program
preview: http://www.foresight.org/SrAssoc/spring2002/program.html ).
Foresight noted: `For the first time, this meeting is not
"off-the-record."' I know Eliezer and John Smart spoke; perhaps others in
the SL4 forum also attended. As a distant but interested Australian, I'd
welcome any news reports of this potentially important occasion.

Damien Broderick