Leaving soon

From: Will Pearson (w.pearson@mail.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 03:36:43 MDT

Anyway I think I don't have enough memes in common with this list to be able to argue my points.

I do believe that an increase in intelligence in the world will have a major impact on what it means to be human. However I do not believe in the hard take off. So even if you get a transhuman AI, unless it takes over the whole internet, I don't believe it will go to super intelligence. Just my beliefs, to explain why I am leaving. Here is my belief one last time, that AI's without wills of their own interacting with humans controllers and each other in a vast network of people will cause a meta-system transition/super organism. Cross between web waking up and Intelligence augmentation.

Good luck, I shall occaisionally look in the archives, and I get Kurweils news letter, so undoubtably I will hear about the small breakthroughs you make. If this movement makes the large breakthrough that you all hope for, then the whole world will find out :)

  Will

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup