Re: Singularity Consortium Inquiry

From: Max Comess (mcomess@ucla.edu)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 03:22:40 MDT

It's not really about a website itself becoming self aware. It's about
making those who use it aware. That is the whole point of IA. Friendliness
and morality would be designed into ultimately resulting Real AI's because
these principles would become a part of the collective intelligence of this
website, which would of course include the Singularity Institute and other
institutions like it. I just want to see all these different groups' effort
being channeled in the most effective way possible, in the most direct way
possible, toward the singularity. If Pflop level computers exist and IA
exists then I think that we can, and should, finally get off our collective
butts and make it happen as soon as possible.