RE: Review of A2I2

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 18:29:58 MDT

> Ben Goertzel wrote:
> >
> > A comment on the relation between A2I2 and Novamente.
> >
> > They are both founded on a "self-organizing network" design.
> They are both
> > a bit more high-level and abstract than neural network models. They are
> > both much simpler than Eliezer thinks an AGI should be, and
> they both rely
> > too much on self-organization and emergence to fit neatly and
> naturally into
> > Eliezer's "Friendly goal system" framework.
>
> Actually, meaning no offense by it, neither system fits into a Friendly AI
> framework because neither system (either in present implementation or
> announced future plans) appears to be capable of representing the
> cognitive
> constructs hypothesized in "Creating Friendly AI".

Well, I think you are very badly deluded. Actually I think that *both* my
system and Peter's have the potential to represent all the cognitive
constructs hypothesized in Creating Friendly AI. I think it will be
*easier* to get Novamente to represent these (and other important) cognitive
constructs in a useful way, but that's a different issue.

Fortunately, it is not necessary to get your approval to pursue the
attempted construction of AGI systems ;>

ben g