RE: Review of Novamente

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 09:56:20 MDT

> D = "involved in transcriptional regulation of CUP1"
>
> C AND EXTR_HIGH( SWI5) -->
> DECREASE(SWI5) AND INCREASE(D)
>
> C AND (MOD_HIGH(SWI5) OR HIGH(SWI5)) -->
> INCREASE(SWI5) AND INCREASE(D)

I just realized this was unclear... here e.g.

D = the category of genes involved in transcriptional regulation of CUP1

INCREASE(D) = an increase in the average expression level of genes in
category D

[this is a predicate whose input is a time value]

I don't want to pollute Sl4 (or take my time) with a long series of messages
explaining the ins & outs of gene expression data analysis though... so I
guess you can just take this example as vaguely evocative even if the
details are unclear...

-- ben