Re: Thanks.

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 12:54:16 MDT

Mike & Donna Deering wrote:
> The Singularity is coming along with such precision and
> regularity that it should be possible to pin point it down to a few days.

This is only true if you believe both
 1) the Singularity is tied directly to AI and nothing else
 2) AI will be possible immediately when we have enough power
    to simulate the human brain, and not before.

I think it more likely, personally, that the Singularity will
be tied to molecular assemblers, and that there will be a few
days/weeks/months between full capability and its realization.

I expect AI after this, because I do think 2 is plausible.

--
Randall Randall <randall@randallsquared.com>
Crypto key: randall.freedomspace.net/crypto.text