RE: singularity arrival estimate...

From: ben goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 10:29:00 MDT

yeah right -- just like "The Matrix" sold the idea that our whole world may
just be a simulation?

It put the idea out there in the mass mind, to a very limited extent, but
it didn't come near to making people take the idea seriously and integrate
it with their world-views, their approaches to daily life, etc.

Putting an idea in the mass media is nowhere near sufficient to penetrate
the mass mind of humanity in any deep way

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" -- Isaac Asimov

ben g