Darpa Command Post Of the Future (CPOF)

From: Stephen Reed (reed@cyc.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 11:09:33 MDT

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Ben Houston wrote:

> Hey Stephen,
>
> It's neat that someone from Cycorp joined the list. For the past two
> summers I've been contributing to DARPA's Command Post of the Future
> project (now under the auspices of the IXO branch) with a company called
> VisualInsights / OculusInfo. I believe that for a while at least Cycorp
> was also involved in this project. Do you know Ward Page the PM? I met
> and talked with a few Cycorp employees (although I now forget who it was
> exactly) at one of the PI meetings in the Georgia area back in the
> summer 2000.

Cycorp's participation in the Darpa CPOF project winds down this
spring. We are constructing a Battle Monitor java application which
interfaces to Cyc. I have not met Ward Page, but others here work with
him routinely. I know those who you likely met at the PI meetings but
company policy prevents me from mentioning their names (without their
direct involvement).

I know the focus of CPOF was helping a battlespace commander deal with the
over abundance of information. What is the role of VisualInsights /
OculusInfo, what technologies do they contribute? I could get that
information from our CPOF project manager, but I believe the answer might
interest our readers.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  reed@cyc.com
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org