RE: Philosophical assumptions (was RE: Books on rationality)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 21:41:29 MDT

> It seems to me that your
> assumption
> about your subjective reality exhibiting "persistence and consistency over
> time" yields the same operational behaviors on your part as the assumption
> that reality of whatever flavor is law-bound, logical and unaffected our
> wishes about it except insofar as wishes lead to action.
>
> Regards,

Pretty much, yup.

Except maybe I'll adapt faster tomorrow when the simulation is turned off
and we wake up in some other (sur)reality ;->

I suspect that there are some *psychological* differences between my view
and the realist view, though, in terms of their indirect effects on the
remainder of the mind holding the view...

-- Ben G