Programming languages (software progress)

From: Erik Nilsson (metallsmak@tiscali.se)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 02:42:27 MDT

Hi, all !

I would like to ask the opinion of the list regarding what the best programming language would be... Or perhaps more prudently, what the pros and cons of the best candidates would be in the context of "artificial general intelligence" programming. If one considers the efforts to establish a new language, e.g. "Flare", then one might believe there are weaknesses associated with the more established languages ?

I've also heard Eiffel is supposed to be fast to learn. Is that so and what would be the disadvantages with this language then ?

Thanks,

Erik Nilsson