Re: Limits and Capabilities.

From: Michael Roy Ames (michaelroyames@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 10:06:44 MDT

Mike: good topic --> Limits

IMO, the overwhelming limiting factor soon to face humans will be the speed
of light. It *already* limits the speed of CPUs, and as we advance, this
limitation will become more and more... annoying. I observe there are
*already* increasing resources being devoted to probing this limit, with
intent of bypassing it. As time passes I strongly suspect we will exert
ever increasing 'pressure' on this limit, and, if it is possible to bypass
it, we *will* do so. If that occurs, our current limits will seem rather...
pedestrian.

Michael Roy Ames