Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 10:26:14 MDT

On Saturday, June 15, 2002, at 11:07 PM, James Rogers wrote:

> On 6/15/02 10:06 PM, "Michael Roy Ames" <michaelroyames@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The problem: How to arrange things so that an SI builds/obtains a high
>> level
>> of wisdom.
>

> The problem: What is "wisdom", and how does one measure it objectively?

As has been mentioned, wisdom is a rather loose term. Here is some
attempt, though, at identifying what we ought to mean by wisdom.

Wisdom refers to an ability to make the right decision. If you are
wise, you almost always make the right decision.

So, now it's just a question of what's right. The issue of morals has
been throughly debated elsewhere with few useful conclusions, so I won't
go into it here.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose