Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:38:04 MDT

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >
> > So basically in your value system the right of humanity to exist and the
> > right for you to pursue your activities, which bears considerable
> > probability to teotwawki this place not even balance.
> >
> > You *are* a sick puppy.
>
> Something about this line of reasoning strikes me as a non sequitur, but I
> can't put my finger on it.

I don't think it's non sequitur, since that's the definition of a sick
puppy (=broken compassion circuitry). It seems Moravec and de Garis also
fit in that cathegory. Perhaps the field is self-selective.

It's mutual self restraint (consideration of other people's world view)
that makes this place livable.

Do you disagree?