Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:35:03 MDT

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Sabine Atkins wrote:

> At 12:17 PM 6/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Eugene, my point is that the paragraph above is incomprehensible.
>> What's a teotwawki?
>>
>> --
>> Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://intelligence.org/
>> Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
>
> teotwawki is an acronym and stands for The End Of The World As We Know
> It.

And, for future reference, Google Labs has the solution in it's glossary
search when you find a term that you don't know that is not part of a
natural language.

http://labs.google.com/

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose