RE: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 12:02:42 MDT

Say the Power has a value system in which life and intelligence are
considered important.

In this case, we are alive, and (from its perspective) slightly intelligent,
therefore we will have some value to it, but not a hell of a lot.

This is pragmatically the same as "general indifference coupled with mild
affection", modulo varying interpretations of the emotional overtones of the
words involved...

-- Ben G