Re: How hard a Singularity?

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 06:19:31 MDT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Michael Roy Ames wrote:

> And, to address a related issue: if someone offers suggestions that
> "make no sense" or are "incoherent"... why wouldn't you ignore them?

Let's see: I'm doing something which is going to profoundly alter the
course of life in most of the visible cosmos, and I'm being sloppy with
checking the design. Hey, the others are all idiots anyway, right? This
kinda redefines engineering hubris.

Thanks once again for reminding me why I don't trust this effort.