RE: Seed AI (was: How hard a Singularity?)

From: Stephen Reed (reed@cyc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 12:00:08 MDT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, James Higgins wrote:

> Now, what I'd really like is to find someone truly brilliant who has
> focused as much energy in Software Engineering as I have. I'd love the
> opportunity to work with such an individual.

I believe that such a person works at Cycorp. Although I no longer work
directly with this person it was a pleasure to work/learn with this level
of talent - found at this late point in my 30 year programming career.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  reed@cyc.com
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org