RE: How hard a Singularity?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 18:52:05 MDT

I think that, if the posited organization is going to exist, we need someone
to "head" it, and this shouldn't be me or Eliezer or anyone else with their
own AGI design and their own agenda to push.

My nominee would be John Smart, who runs SingularityWatch.com, actually.

I don't agree with all his ideas (I'm not as certain as him that black holes
are superintelligent beings!), but, he's a good organizer and he's a
"singularity generalist" rather than someone with his own highly particular
point of view about the path to the Singularity and related issues...

-- Ben G