Re: Suicide by committee (was: How hard a Singularity?)

From: Michael Roy Ames (michaelroyames@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 19:38:41 MDT

> I understand this. What I don't understand is why his behavior on this
> list appears to contradict his/those stated goals.
>
> James Higgins

I think this was a miscommunication issue. The suggestion started off as
(paraphrase) "Design Committee with powers" and morphed to "Ad-hoc Advisory
Group". Eliezer allergic reaction was to the former, not the latter. I
thought this was obvious... I guess it wasn't.

The timing-marks of the individual emails these last few days has been off.
I have been getting emails out-of-order. Perhaps that has exacerbated the
miscommunication. Eliezer: Can anything be done about that?

Michael Roy Ames