Re: Ben vs. Ben

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 06:53:11 MDT

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Please give it a rest. You are making yourself look bad.

I'm going to be busy today, but hopefully later tonight I can respond to
Ben's messages. This though I have time for.

I don't think trying to evoke a little more critical discussion of Ben's
plans compared to the literal mountains that have bee directed at SIAI
is making me look bad. I don't think trying to point out to a few people
here that they need to be a little more careful how they choose to put
their "AI faith" is making me look bad. I already stressed this is not
some kind of political rhetoric to debunk the other potential tribal
chief. If you are seeing something that isn't really there, that's not
my fault.

I encourage (and I see Ben does too) anyone who reads his AI Morality
paper or his other messages here to let him know what you think still
needs to be addressed in his plan. I encourage anyone such as Eugene
who is working on reviewing/criticizing the current kinds of AI "control"
systems known to also take a look at Ben's if they have time.

--
Brian Atkins
http://www.intelligence.org/