Re: Military Friendly AI

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 07:07:17 MDT

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Stephen Reed wrote:

> Agreed this is a reasonable request. I'll keep this list up to date
> regarding Cyc, and it will probably be obvious when (and if) Cyc is at
> the point to trigger your safegards.

Excellent. Please consider installing a hardwired watchdog (shutting down
the node in case a cryptographically authenticated broadcast does not
arrive within a given time window) in the P2P version of OpenCyc you
mentioned. Shutdown should be default behaviour as soon as current valid
operation permission increment expires.

This doesn't prevent people from snipping out the watchdog (since the
source is open), but most won't, unless above results in considerable
normal operation disruption.