RE: Zen and the Singularity

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 00:47:53 MDT

But my point is, a devout Christian could read the de Sade and consider it a
bunch of trash; a devout Sade-ist could read the Bible and think the same
thing...

Similarly: A scientist reading religion winds in a different mind-state than
a priest reading science...

The trajectory with which a mind proceeds thru world literature may strongly
affect the conclusion the mind comes to by the end of its reading...

ben g