Re: Catholics and the Singularity

From: Randall Randall (randall@randallsquared.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 05:03:51 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> After all, in some forms Christianity the Devil is assumed to have extreme
> intelligence, thorough scans of the world, and some ability to read human
> minds... yet the Devil does not perceive the truth of the Christian
> religion...

Fundamentalist Christians do believe that the Devil believes, however.
There's a quote from James "even the devils believe and tremble", which
is used to argue this. They just don't believe that the Devil can choose
to be good, having decided otherwise in the distant past.

--
Randall Randall <randall@randallsquared.com>
Crypto key: randall.freedomspace.net/crypto.text