Re: How hard a Singularity?

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 10:47:45 MDT

At 08:53 AM 7/4/2002 -0700, Tomaz Kristan wrote:
>On Thu, 04 July 2002, James Higgins wrote:
>
> > Thus we're just an oasis of natural evolution and
> > if/when we get to a Singularity ourselves we'll
> > just be invited to join the party already in
> > progress.
>
>I think, that a natural evolution cannot do anything in a million years,
>what an (even lousy) Singularity couldn't in a day.
>
>Not to cultivate all the matter and energy in the neighborhood - is just a
>crime, a Singularity would never do.

You pretend to KNOW what a Singularity would/would not do or consider to be
a crime? Maybe time is irrelevant to the Singularity? Maybe there is
enough matter in the universe that the 0.001% (or whatever) of which is in
use by natural evolution is irrelevant and to just cultivate it would be a
heinous crime.

Please don't pretend to know what a Singularity would do.

James Higgins