Re: How hard a Singularity?

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 01:57:33 MDT

Cliff Stabbert wrote:
> Rereading this, either you're joking/trolling, or you're a really
> sucky expert system with a pretty decent (for the current art) and
> cleverly camouflaged natural language system bolted on to it -- or
> you *seriously* need to get some education so you can talk about
> these things sensibly.

Hiya, Cliff. Current policy on SL4 (which I may reconsider one of these
days) is to allow personal insults and ad hominem attacks, but only if
they're really witty and clever insults. This is a repeat of your
insult from a previous message, and in context on SL4 is not actually
all that witty, since it doesn't have any shock value.

I've been feeling really tired lately of the pointless personal attacks
in some other forums I'm occasionally in. If you get into a flamewar on
SL4 it had better be an enormously entertaining flamewar, that's all I'm
saying.

Sincerely,
Eliezer.