Re: Educating an AI.

From: Mike & Donna Deering (deering9@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 12:55:02 MDT

Stephen, my son has a rare congenital disorder known variously as FEMORAL FACIAL SYNDROME or UNUSUAL FACIES SYNDROME or FEMORAL HYPOPLASIA. I have done extensive research on the internet regarding this. The only stuff out there is a half page description at NORD which I had to pay $6 for and told me less than I already knew, and 36 articles on MEDLINE which I can't get access to except for abstracts because I am not a Doctor.I have talked to his Doctors and they don't subscribe to MEDLINE because of the annual fees. Suppose I asked your super intelligent CYC of the future about my son's medical situation, what could it tell me?

Mike.