Re: AI Options.

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 11:26:21 MDT

Mike & Donna Deering wrote:
> as opposed to our current status of free range chickens. The very
> nature of being human is going to change. There is no other alternative
> to our destruction but to turn over our security and therefore our
> freedom to a machine intelligence.

Since this topic has already been discussed extensively and in far
greater detail in the list archives, I'm ruling it out of order for SL4
unless someone has something new to say. (Sorry, but experience shows
that basic questions can be refought indefinitely and sterilely unless
this rule is enforced.) Searching for "sysop scenario" in the SL4
archives should direct you at all the discussion you could possible want.