Re: Why do we seek to transcend ourselves?

From: Mike & Donna Deering (deering9@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:12:44 MDT

Evolution is not limited biology. It occurs in any system with certain characteristics of complexity. Our drive for greater intelligence didn't start with us or even life but was from before the big bang. Physicists know that the design of the universe and it's laws were fine tuned for the evolution of intelligence. They don't know how, so some ascribe it to the anthropic principle, which may explain why we are seeing it but it doesn't explain why it's there.

I think a sufficiently intelligent being will look at the universe and see that it is not natural but designed for a purpose.

Mike.