RE: Why do we seek to transcend ourselves?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 09:07:56 MDT

Damien, you're right, "primitive" is not a politically correct word these
days, but I forget what the currently preferred term is.

I guess it's still OK to say "Stone Age cultures", right?

I did not mean the word "primitive" as a value judgment, but as an
indication that the technologies and general culture patterns of these
groups are those that other groups of humans abandoned long ago.

ben g