Re: META: Re: AI Jailer.

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:58:03 MDT

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> I really hate to do this and I can't think of any good way to put it,
> but: It is my judgement as moderator that Mike Deering's posts are not
> meeting SL4 standards. Mike Deering is welcome to reply to this thread,
> but I would like to ask him to stop posting otherwise.

For the record, could you offer some examples of why this is the case?
It would help everyone to better understand your judgement on this issue
as moderator.

If this was in direct response to his post:
> What argument will you use when the SAI puts you in the box?

I thought it was at least a little thought provoking. It helps very
much if you can put yourself fully in the other's position. Thinking
about what you would say to an SAI to get it to let you out could be an
interesting thought exercise. Espicially since, by some accounts, we
may actually be in a box right now; possibly designed to evaluate us as
individuals. Such a scenario has been suggested as an emergency measure
in the event Nanotech becomes widely available.

James Higgins