Re: Are we Gods yet?

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 22:50:23 MDT

> --- Dani Eder <danielravennest@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I've had it on my list of things to do when I have
> >too much time on my hands (i.e. never) to go
> through
> >the Bible and list all the things God did, then see
> >how many of them we now can do. Then take the list
> >of things we can't yet do and make it my 'to do'
> list.

The point of the above comment is how close to a
singularity of sorts are we already at when viewed
from the perspective of the ancients? If we can
approach or surpass the capabilities of a god
from their viewpoint then have we not transcended?

To remove excess emotional baggage associated
the Christian god, substitute the Greek, Norse,
or other pantheon of your choice and do a similar
checklist of god vs. 21st century civilization.

Daniel

(whose name comes from the hebrew 'dan' = judge
and 'el' = god. It is usually translated as
'God is my judge', but I prefer to render it as
'Judger of gods')