RE: Re[2]: Are we Gods yet?

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 14:56:15 MDT

Since we're dealing here with relative benefits of different religious
beliefs, I would urge not being too hard on the Calvinists. Though Calvin's
theology was rigid and severe, it also had the benefits of commending hard
work, capitalism (including lending money at interest) and most important of
all, the rational and scientific investigation of the natural world.
Catholicism (the religion in which I was raised) got all of these wrong
until recent times.

Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com
mlatorra@nmsu.edu