META: RE: My Response.

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 19:00:54 MDT

In my view, there is plenty of interesting stuff on the Extropians list.

However, there are also a lot of flame wars, and a lot of discussions of
contemporary politics.

It is a high-volume list compared to SL4, but contains many of the same
characters (not me at present)

I like Eli's idea of a list with more focus, and a more friendly tone
overall. However, I think if I were moderating the list, I would be a
little less strict than Eliezer is. Banning hecklers and flamers is cool by
me, but I personally wouldn't ban people like Arthur Murray or Mike Deering,
both of whom posted interesting things about on-target subjects prior to
being kicked out...

However, I do not have time or desire to moderate a list, so even though
Eli's not doing it exactly as I would, I'm happy he's doing the job.

ben g